A resume is a written presentation of your education, skills, and work experience. When you are looking for a new job, the first thing you need to do is make sure you have a good resume. Your resume is the first thing potential employers will see and the content of it will be used to decide whether or not to invite you to interview; so it is crucial you get it right. Your resume will need to make an impact, for all the right reasons and these are some of the ways to do it.
- Choose appropriate resume style (choose appropriate resume style)
- Limit your resume to one to two full pages
- Maintain a one-inch margin on all four sides of the page
- Use strong resume action words that demonstrate your skills.
- Avoid personal information such as your date of birth and religion
- Highlight accomplishments
- Stress special skills and knowledge relevant to the position
- Avoid fancy fonts and graphics
- Proofread for spelling and grammatical errors
- Always use computer to type resume
- Invest in quality resume paper
Submit as a Word Document attachment only.
Be sure to include your Name, Student ID number (D number) and RESUME in the “Subject" line.
Only Drake State students/alums are eligible for resume review.