Paperwork Process for Dual Enrollment
- Ensure students inquiring about Dual Enrollment signs the transcript roster and check the appropriate participation category.
- Ensure students meet the GPA eligibility requirement
- Ensure that Drake’s Courses are appropriate and available (Drake State will set up Courses for DE)
- Counselors should assist students with Drake State’s Online Application to ensure it is completed correctly.
- Show students where they should access Drake State’s and School System’s DE paperwork
- When students return completed packet, review for accuracy and add transcript
- Sign appropriate form
- Have Principal sign appropriate form
- Submit completed packets to DE coordinators
- Drake State Online Application
- Statement of Eligibility, ACCS approved with Drake Logo
- Registration Form
- In State Residency Form
- Copy of ID (See List of ID Approvals or INOW with Photo ID)
- Make sure that you have the appropriate persons sign forms (ex. parents, counselors)
- After forms are complete, take to high school counselor for review.
- If entering 12th grade must provide ACT/SAT scores or take placement exam at Drake State. If enrolling in a general studies course, must provide assessment benchmark scores.
School System Dual Enrollment Coordinator Responsibility
- Will provide final review of packets
- Sign appropriate form(s)
- Have Superintendent to sign appropriate form(s) if applicable
- Contact Drake DE Leader to pick up completed and signed packets
Drake State Responsibility
- Drake DE Leader and Team should check packets for completion and only submit completed packets to Admissions
- Drake DE Leader should coordinate with admissions
- Admissions process begins
- Students will be notified of eligibility
- Students will be notified of the mandatory DE Orientation
4. Drake DE will monitor student progress